Solo Travels are Empowering

SOME adore my guts, but most people find it pitiful that I travel ALONE in the country or abroad.

Ask me to share a personal story and I would excitedly talk about my solo travels to Benguet and Indonesia (Jakarta & Yogyakarta) and my plans to explore Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and the rest of the Southeast Asia alone.

Getting lost in Malioboro, one of the busiest streets in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. An unforgettable and thrilling experience.

But despite my obvious excitement, many would still give me sad looks and try to "console" me for having to travel alone... as if I did something pitiful.

Honestly, I feel annoyed with this kind of reaction though I am sure they mean well. So I just tell them that solo travel is NOT for the weak.

I hope people realize how empowering it is to be able to take care of yourself as you get out of your comfort zone and to afford exploring new places and culture.

Solo travels are blessings that I am truly grateful for.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Career Break

I am More than a Gemini